Frequently Asked Questions
Which membership do I choose?
EAST VS. WEST
Select West if you plan to pick up at our location in CA or you plan to ship your beer within CA. Choose East if you’d prefer to pick up in D.C. or ship to one of our shipping-eligible states – D.C., ND, NH, OH, PA, VA, and VT.
Why the difference? Your choice of West or East determines where your product is shipped from due to shipping rates, inventory, and other logistics. This helps save you (and us) time and money so you can enjoy your beer faster.
BARREL-AGED VS. MIXED
We make a LOT of beer, and we want to make sure you’re getting access to your favorites! If you prefer to stick to barrel-aged stouts, barleywines, ales, and the like, Barrel-Aged is for you. If you’d like some tart and funky options mixed in with the barrel-aged stuff, choose Mixed.
What if I want more? Your choice of Barrel-Aged or Mixed only determines your included beer (1 bottle per month for Reserve Society, up to 2 bottles per month for Hoarders Society). You still have access to purchase additional bottles from that month’s releases, from which you can get whatever sounds best!
Why isn’t there a Sour-only membership segment anymore?
In short, we are adjusting our offerings to keep up with demand of styles and preferences. Our wild and sour ales from The Bruery - Terreux aren’t going anywhere, but we are scaling back production to allow more focus on fewer, more select sour and wild beers in the future. If you’re wanting sour and wild ales included in your membership, then the Mixed option is the way to go.
How do I get my beer?
There are many ways to get your beer. Each month, when the new releases are ready, they will be added to your virtual cellar within your account at thebruery.com.
Selecting your beer(s) for fulfillment via Pickup, Shipping, or Delivery is easy. Navigate to your account, then to your cellar and place any cellared items in your cart. From there, proceed through checkout and select your preferred fulfillment option.
Pickup (no additional cost)
- Members can pick up from the Society Fulfillment Center located at 719 Dunn Way, Placentia CA 92870, open daily from 12 PM PT to 6 PM PT.
- Members can pick up from the Washington, D.C. Store located at 513 Morse St. NE Washington D.C., 20002, open Thursday – Saturday 11 AM – 7 PM ET, and Sunday 11 AM – 5 PM ET.
Loakal Delivery ($15 or free for purchases over $250)
- Select areas of Orange County and Los Angeles County qualify for same-day local delivery if you place an order before 12:00 PM PT. You can learn more about our zones on our delivery page.
Express-Shipping (ADDITIONAL FEE or free for purchases over $250)
- We can ship your beer to all of CA, DC, ND, NH, OH, PA, VA, and VT via our partners at GSO and UPS. You can learn more about our Express-Shipping regions by heading to our delivery page.
Where do I pick up my beers?
You can pick up your beers from two locations:
- The Bruery Society Fulfillment Center, located at 719 Dunn Way, Placentia CA 92870, open daily from 12 PM PT to 6 PM PT
- The Bruery Store D.C., located at 513 Morse St. NE Washington D.C., 20002, open Thursday – Saturday 11 AM – 7 PM ET, and Sunday 11 AM – 5 PM ET
How does shipping work?
For an additional fee, we can ship your beers to CA, DC, ND, NH, OH, PA, VA, and VT.
Please note that a signature from someone 21 years or older is required for shipments of alcohol.
Due to state regulations, we can only ship the following amounts of beers to ND, NH, OH, PA, VA, and VT:
- Virginia – 2 CEs per month per customer
- Pennsylvania – 192 oz per month and 96 oz per brand per month
- New Hampshire – the equivalent of 12 750ml bottles per month, per customer.
- North Dakota – 288 oz. per month, per customer
- Ohio – 288 oz. per month, per customer and no more than 24 cases per year per family
- Virginia – the equivalent of two cases per month, per customer
How does delivery work?
We offer same-day delivery options in Los Angeles County and Orange County for a flat rate of $15. To qualify for same-day, you need to place your order before 12:00 noon PT; otherwise, we’ll attempt to deliver your order the next day.
You can learn more about our zones by heading to our delivery page.
How long will you cellar my beers?
Hoarders & Reserve Society members can cellar their beers until February of the following year. For example, if you're a member in 2023, we will store your beers until February of 2024.
Please note that some products do not qualify for cellaring. These include, but are not limited to:
- Offshoot IPAs
Can I change my membership mid-year?
Simply put, no. We'd love to accommodate; however, due to the limited nature of these beers, we are unable to change your preference type for included bottles in the middle of the year. That being said, most beers are available to purchase even if they're not included in your membership.
Can a friend pick up my beer for me?
Are event tickets included with my membership?
What are guest access cards?
Guest access cards grant the holder the same privileges as a member in our Tasting Rooms and the Washington D.C. store. That means whoever has your guest access card will receive your member discount along with member access. Hoarders receive 2 guest access cards, while Reserve members receive 1.
When are included beers released?
We plan to release one included bottle per month, at minimum. You can check which bottles are included and when by logging into your account clicking on the "included" tab.
Your included bottles will automatically populate in your cellar as soon as they are available to you. To view your cellar, just log in to your account, and click on "my cellar" to see which beers are available to ship or pick up.
What are allocations?
Each month we release a flurry of new beers, with members always getting first dibs. Your allocations are just the number of bottles or cans allocated to you as a member to purchase. Until it's sold out, you have the access to buy the allocated number of each beer, throughout the month. These beers are typically Society-exclusive releases, member-only presales on limited distribution beers, special archives pulled out from our cellar, or first access on returning favorites.
If I was previously a Preservation Society member, will my membership automatically cancel?
No, you will need to cancel your Preservation Society membership when you join the Reserve Society— unless you’d like to keep both memberships (many members do this so you get discounted access to the quarterly packs in addition to your included & society-specific monthly releases!)