Summer Camp Crafts with our Friends: Beer Label Letters Decoupage
We’ve been busy having fun with some summer camp-inspired crafts at The Bruery, but we want to see what you’ve been creating, too. Contribute your own craft project to The Bruery Blog by entering our Summer Camp Crafting Blog Off. Our first contributor, Kim Parsons, gussied up her walls with some super giant beer label art.
A collection of beer labels
Cardboard, wood, or metal letter shapes
Optional: clear coat
1. Get beer labels.
2. Place them on your desired object you wish to cover. I’ve used items shaped from cardboard, wood, and metal.
3. Glue down labels with a clear glue. Some labels are pre-glued so it can get sticky with all the different glues. Try to keep labels as flat as possible to avoid tearing and bubbling.
4. Use an X-acto knife to trim edges and make cuts around corners so labels will lay flat.
5. Spray with a clear coat, if desired.
While working on this project I enjoyed 10 Barrel‘s Swill!!!
|Post contributed by Kim Parsons. Kim lives in Northern California and is a stay-at-home mom of two toddlers and twin tweenagers. On days they drive her to drink, she enjoys a Berliner Weisse or a few sours. She enjoys traveling with her husband, Ian, to different craft breweries and stocking up on their favorite finds.
Make some more summertime crafts with our own Bruers. Check out our Pinterest board and these related blogposts:
- Jessica’s Beer T-shirt Modifications
- Benjamin’s Barrel Stave Bottle Openers
- Matt’s Tie Dyed Tank Tops
- Victor’s Reclaimed Pallet Herb Garden
- Cambria’s DIY Floating Beer Bar
- Chris D.’s Upcycled Wood Barrel Planters
- The Bruery Pinterest board: We’re Going to Summer Camp
The post Summer Camp Crafts with our Friends: Beer Label Letters Decoupage appeared first on The Bruery.