Sorry for the lack of updates. Here’s a brief list of everything that’s been going on:
– Craft Brewers Conference / World Beer Cup: We had a great time here, and I still feel like I’m recovering from my week in San Diego. I started seminars at 8 or 8:30 AM, and went non-stop (networking / more seminars / hanging out with friends / drinking great beer) until 1 or 2 in the morning to start all it over again the next day at 8 AM. We didn’t win any medals at the World Beer Cup, but I don’t think my ego could handle actually winning a medal at the WBC at this point, so perhaps it’s for the best. We’re looking forward to participating in the San Diego County Fair, Los Angeles County Fair, California State Fair, and of course the Great American Beer Festival. Maybe we’ll pick up a few in those competitions.
– Distributor News: We are currently selecting distributors in Southern California and Northern California. We are now negotiating with a few different distributors, so I’ll give more info once we have signed an agreement.
– Hollingshead Tasting: Last Monday we had our first official roll out of our beers at Hollingshead’s Deli in Orange. This was a great tasting– about 54 people showed up and I heard lots of great things about the beer. Thanks to everyone who showed up! If anyone took any photos of the tasting, could you send them my way? I never remember to bring the camera anywhere.
– Official Roll Out: I had committed to having the tasting at Hollingshead’s a few weeks back, thinking we’d have all of our labels applied and our packaging would be ready. The packaging won’t be ready until next week, so that’s why you can’t find our beer anywhere else besides Hollingshead at the moment. Look for our beers at other places around Orange County (and perhaps San Diego and Los Angeles) starting the week of May 12th.
– Orange County Brewers Cooperative: A few brewers in Orange County (including us) have started a local brewery organization to help promote craft beer in Orange County, as well as provide a venue for us to better communicate with one another. As the new brewer in Orange County, it is important to my business that the public knows there is good beer to be had here, so I’ve spent a lot of time with the planning of the co-op. We started up about 3 months ago, and are currently planning a beer festival. I’ll post more info as dates are confirmed.
– Opening Party: We are hoping to have an opening party at The Bruery on Saturday, May 24th, but I need city approval before it becomes official. Leave the date open for the moment, and I’ll let you know as soon as I find out.
– Website: I’ve been holding off on putting the website up until our official roll out, so look for it the week of May 12th.
Right now I’m supposed to be at the Southern California Homebrewers Festival, but I gave Rachel the stomach flu, so we decided to stay home. Tyler is there with BrewCommune and will be serving Orchard White and Black Orchard.
Next week we’ll be serving our beers at the Boonville Beer Festival, and will hopefully be meeting with a few Northern California distributors. We’ll also be meeting with my brother-in-law Matt and our good friend Ali, who will soon be our Northern California Sales Reps. Matt will cover San Francisco, and Ali will cover Oakland / Berkeley.
Thanks to Rick Sellers for writing about The Bruery on his blog: http://www.pacificbrewnews.blogspot.com
I read Rick’s blog every few days, and was shocked when I saw my logo on his page. Very nice write up, Rick!
I’ll try to post more frequently. See you around, hopefully drinking our beer! Cheers!
The post May Already? appeared first on The Bruery.