Kentucky, here we come!
We’ll be visiting Kentucky June 8th – 10th to launch our partnership with Heidelberg Distributing!
The Bruery® & Bruery Terreux® are set to launch statewide distribution in Kentucky starting June 8 through Heidelberg Kentucky. This will be the first time our portfolio of experimental and barrel-aged beers will be available in the state! Kentucky is the 28th state to be added to our national distribution footprint.
Sr. Director of Operations Jonas Nemura will be present at launch events in Lexington, Louisville, and Bellevue. Nemura has headed distribution since our beginnings in 2008. “After many years of sourcing bourbon barrels from Kentucky, we’re looking forward to sending our beer into the market,” commented Nemura. “Heidelberg came highly recommended from our brewer friends, and after speaking with them about beer and strategy, I’m confident we’ve found a great partner.”
“We are both proud and excited to be appointed as the wholesale partner for The Bruery in the Commonwealth of Kentucky,” expressed Chris Emmons, Director of Craft at Heidelberg Kentucky.
Collectively housing one of the largest barrel cellars in the nation, we’ve long used cooperage sourced from Kentucky, without our beer actually being available there! This made the growth of distribution into the market a natural fit.
“The desire to bring our beers to Kentucky is largely selfish— I’m a huge fan of bourbon, so much so that we age a good portion of our beer in over 2,000 bourbon barrels that were sourced from the Bluegrass State,” said CEO & Founder Patrick Rue. “There also happens to be many great beer bars and retailers where I think our beers would fit right in,” he added.
Thanks to our recent expansion, we have been able to launch four new markets since the start of 2016.
At launch, fans can expect to find several distributed beers from both The Bruery & Bruery Terreux in local craft beer establishments. Among the beers coming to market will be Jardinier, The Bruery’s hoppy and sessionable Belgian-style table beer made with noble hops (90 Pts. Wine Enthusiast) and Poterie, the solera-blended eighth anniversary ale 100% aged in bourbon barrels. Bruery Terreux brands at launch include Saison Rue®, an effervescent farmhouse-style ale brewed with rye and Brettanomyces (98 Pts. Wine Enthusiast) and Frucht: Passion Fruit, a limited release sour aged in one of Bruery Terreux’s massive 250 BBL oak foeders, with passion fruit added.
For updates about launch events and beer releases, follow @thebruery and @brueryterreux on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Beers at launch include
from The Bruery
- Jardinier, Belgian-style hoppy pale brewed with noble hops
- Or Xata®, horchata-inspired blonde ale with cinnamon, vanilla, rice, lactose
- White Oak, bourbon barrel-aged wheatwine-style and golden ale blend
- Poterie, eighth anniversary bourbon barrel-aged old ale blended using the solera method
from Bruery Terreux
- Saison Rue®, farmhouse-style ale brewed with rye and fermented with Brettanomyces
- Gypsy Tart, tart and malty Flemish-style brown ale
- Humulus Terreux, hoppy and funky pale 100% fermented with Brettanomyces
- Tart of Darkness®, sour stout aged in twice-used bourbon barrels
- Frucht: Passion Fruit, low-ABV tart wheat beer aged in an oak foeder with passion fruit
Draft specialties only at launch events include
- Humulus Lager®, hoppy lager brewed with rice and three pounds of hops per BBL
- Mash, bourbon barrel-aged English-style barleywine
- Mélange No.3, blend of bourbon-barrel aged imperial stout and bourbon-barrel aged wheat-wine
- Confession, sour blonde with Riesling grapes from Fess Parker Vineyards
- Tart of Darkness® with Cherries & Vanilla, barrel-aged sour stout with cherries and vanilla
- Saixon, farmhouse-style ale with Brettanomyces and three generations of German hops