It’s Barrel Aged Beer Day! Happy #BABeerDay to the World!
As a small craft brewery with a penchant for wood, we have quite a few barrels under our warehouse roofs so that we can make the beer we love. Whether it’s one of our big spirit aged ales, a sour brew, or a beer & wine hybrid, The Bruery team is passionate about coming up with beers that defy the norms and styles of beers out there, and barrels open up endless possibilities to grow our beer program.
Given that nearly every possible thing has a holiday made up for it (relax, there is an Elephant Appreciation Day and World Beard Day), we felt a day celebrating barrels and their bugs was well overdue. And so it begins, the first Friday of every October we encourage you to raise a glass (or tulip, or snifter) to Barrel Aged Beers and toast one another across the universe.
It’s already been October 4th for a while in Australia. Here’s an ongoing list of where we’re hearing online toasts for #BABeerDay — where are you?
- Costa Rica
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New York
- Washington DC
- Orange County
- Los Angeles
- San Diego
- The Bruery Tasting Room — public release of Oude Tart (bottles and draft), Cacaonut (bottle and draft) a special First Firkin Friday with White Oak Sap on Oolong tea, plus a tap list full of BA Beers
- Noble Ale Works of CA — releasing two new barrel aged beers in their Tasting Room
- Sun King Brewing of IN — releasing Pappy Van Muckle in their Tasting Room
- Rock Art Brewery of VT — released Bourbon Barrel Aged Vermonster
- Ladyface Ale Companie of CA — tapping Midnight Special Cabernet Barrel-Aged Scotch Ale & Dérailleur® Bière de Garde, aged in Rhône red grape varietal Mourvèdre wine barrels
- Firestone Walker of CA — bottling XVII Anniversary
- Ritual Brewing of CA — tapping Barrel Aged Fat Hog and Barrel Aged Big Deluxe
- Smog City Brewing of CA — three bourbon barrel-aged beers on tap and tapping a brett aged sour
- Stone Brewing Co. of CA in CT — Plan B Glastonbury is tapping Heaven Hill barrel aged ’08 Imperial Russian Stout. Allegedly the only barrel ever made!
The post It’s Barrel Aged Beer Day! Happy #BABeerDay to the World! appeared first on The Bruery.