Expansion Update 5: The Bruery Provisie
As you probably guessed from all of our recent posts on expansion, we were saving the best for last and today we are excited to announce the plans for The Bruery Provisie.
Our Beer Spa will be a one of a kind destination for beer lovers to relax, rejuvenate and detox while enjoying beer inspired products such as Hop Tea. The Bruery Provisie will feature many of the standard spa amenities, but with a beer twist. Hop oil massages, barley soaks, honey & hops foot baths and once our new brewhouse is in place, we’re even reconfiguring our current mash tun to become the ultimate beer lovers’ hot tub!
- The leaves of hops have been proven to help anxiety and sleep.
- In a 2009 study published by the Molecular Nutrition and Food Research journal it was shown that hop bitter acids affectively block inflammation, acting as a natural anti-inflammatory.
- It has been shown that hop extracts show strong inhibitory activities of the 5 most common strains of Acne, helping to clear skin.
- In 2012 the Journal of Phytochemistry reported that xanthohumol, an extract of the hops plant, can actually reduce glucose in your body, resulting in weight loss.
- Hop extracts have even been shown to inhibit cancer growth in some test cases.
We’re aware that this is a pretty peculiar concept for a brewery, but we wouldn’t be The Bruery if it weren’t for peculiar concepts. Brewers and beer fanatics get a bad rap. Sure we might have longer beards, more tattoos and larger bellies than those in other industries, but that in no way means we don’t care about our bodies and enjoy a little pampering from time to time.