Black Tuesday 2015 Public Sale Details
For most of you, Black Tuesday® needs no introduction. This beer is our take on a bourbon barrel aged imperial stout. Varying slightly from year to year, the ABV is 19.9% for 2015. Rich caramel, toasted malt, vanilla, burnt wood and anise are just a few of the many flavors in this rich, decadent imperial stout.
Every year we’ve worked to make the experience of getting this beer as pleasant as possible. Last year we introduced a free randomized drawing to determine who could purchase Black Tuesday. Thanks to the ease and success of this system, we’ve decided to hold the Black Tuesday Lottery once again this year. Here are the details on this year’s Black Tuesday public sale.
The public sale of Black Tuesday 2015 will take place during the last week of October. In order to purchase a bottle, you will need to be selected from a free random drawing. Drawings for winners will take place on October 23 and winners will be notified of how to purchase Black Tuesday 2015 via email on October 27. The drawing can be entered by anyone (whether a Society member or non-Society member), by “purchasing” a free entry on The Bruery Store website. There’s plenty of time to get your entry into the drawing – a whopping three weeks! If you experience longer than usual load times while attempting to make your purchase, check back a couple hours (or days) later. Any individual may enter the drawing just once. Duplicate entries will be deleted.
October 1 @ 12:01 a.m. PST: First day to enter the free drawing
October 22 @ 11:59 p.m. PST: Deadline to enter the free drawing
October 27: Drawing winners will be emailed and informed of how and when to purchase bottle(s). Sales will be conducted online, but please note that we can only ship within California. If you do not live in California, you, or a friend, will need to pick your beer up from our brewery or assign a trustee to pick it up. See how below.
Drawing winners may purchase Black Tuesday 2015 beginning Tuesday, October 27 at 12:01 a.m. and ending on Friday October 30 at 11:59 p.m.
If you are a member of our Reserve Society or Hoarders Society, your allocation sale of Black Tuesday will begin Monday, October 5 and end Friday October 30 at 11:59 p.m. Society members are still welcome to enter the randomized drawing for the opportunity to purchase additional bottles, on top of the guaranteed allocation amounts.
Online at TheBrueryStore.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does a bottle of Black Tuesday cost?
- Black Tuesday retails for $29.99 plus tax.
Will Black Tuesday be available anywhere else for sale?
- Black Tuesday only sees one general release per year. The only way to absolutely guarantee access to Black Tuesday is by joining any of our Societies, including our Preservation Society which is offering Black Tuesday as part of its 4th Quarter package. From time to time, we release a very limited quantity for special archive releases like our 12 days of Christmas celebration or during our anniversary month of May.
Can somebody else pick my beer up for me?
- Yes! Just navigate to the account settings on TheBrueryStore.com and assign a Pick-up Trustee. This will give that person the authority to pick up orders in your name. The Bruery is not responsible for any product picked up by a trustee. You may assign a trustee at a later time. To assign or change a trustee, login to TheBrueryStore.com and click on the My Account link in the upper righthand corner. You’ll see a field to input this information on the screen that opens.
Can I have my beer shipped? How much does it cost?
- Beer shipping is available only in California through Golden State Overnight. A 21+ year old adult must be present to receive and sign for the delivery. Shipping costs $15 for 3 bottles, $18 for 4 bottles, $21 for 6 bottles, $23 for 9 bottles, and $28 for 12 bottles.
When can I pick up the beer? What if I’m a Society member?
- Non-Society members’ orders will begin to ship and be picked up beginning November 9.
- Current Preservation Society members may pick up their orders beginning on November 2. The bottle included in the Q4 Preservation package will be ready for pickup on/around December 15th.
- 2015 Reserve and Hoarders Society members who are attending the Black Tuesday Release Party may pick up their beer on the day of the event (Tuesday and Wednesday, October 27 and 28). All other member pickups begin Thursday, October 29.
I’m a Society member, may I enter the drawing?
- Yes, Society members may enter the drawing for the opportunity to purchase bottles in addition to the pre-set buying limits for each society. Respective Society discounts will apply to the Black Tuesday public sale purchases.
How long will you hold my beer for pickup? What if I’m a Society member?
- Non-Society members have until December 31, 2015 to pick up their beer.
- Society members have until March 31, 2016 to pick up their Black Tuesday along with the rest of their 2015 purchases.
Can I combine this order with my Reserve/Preservation/Hoarders Society package?
- Yes! We offer flex shippers for Society members to purchase. In order to utilize the flex shipper option, select pickup when you place each order. A flex shipper in the size of your choice may be purchased at any time to combine multiple orders that are currently waiting to be picked up.
Is there a Black Tuesday release party this year?
- This year’s Black Tuesday release party is exclusive to Reserve and Hoarders Society members. Glassware and other Black Tuesday merchandise will be available in person at the event for members to purchase. We may choose to sell the remainder in the Tasting Room and via TheBrueryStore.com beginning Thursday, October 29.
If my name is not drawn, will there be any chance of getting Black Tuesday this year?
- If you’re not chosen and notified on October 27, don’t lose hope! If there are bottles leftover from the first round of sales, we will do a second drawing and notify those winners the following week. Additionally, you can guarantee yourself a bottle of Black Tuesday by joining the Preservation Society this quarter (available for pickup on/around December 15). Joining our Reserve Society is the best way guarantee yourself access to several bottles of Black Tuesday in the future. This year, Reserve Society members were able to purchase up to 6 bottles at a 15% discount.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Must be a legal resident of the US and at least 21 years to enter drawing or purchase Black Tuesday. Entry period begins on October 1, 2015 at 12:01 am Pacific Time. To enter, register an account at www.thebruerystore.com and “purchase” a “2015 Black Tuesday Lottery Entry”. Limit one entry per person and account. Winners will be randomly selected on or about October 23, 2015 and notified via email on or about October 27, 2014 of their purchase period. Alternate drawings may be held in The Bruery’s sole discretion. Winner must have valid debit or credit card and Internet access in order to complete purchase of Black Tuesday at www.thebruerystore.com. Winners receive only the limited right to purchase Black Tuesday during a subsequent sale period and subject to general terms of the sale. Approximate retail value of prize is zero dollars ($0.00).
If, for any reason this drawing is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of The Bruery, which, in The Bruery’s sole determination, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this drawing, The Bruery reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the drawing or any part of the drawing. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless The Bruery from any and all liability arising out of or relating in any way to entrant‘s participation in the drawing and/or the use, misuse or redemption of any prize and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against The Bruery. The Bruery reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any person they suspect or find: (i) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of the drawing; (ii) to be acting in a disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; (iii) or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. Any violation of these Official Rules by will result in such person’s disqualification. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE DRAWING MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE BRUERY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY‘S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. This drawing is sponsored and administered by The Bruery, 737 Dunn Way, Placentia, Anaheim, CA 92870. For a list of winners, please send a self addressed envelope to The Bruery, attention Black Tuesday Drawing.
All stated times are PST.